Saturday, September 13, 2008

My First Blog!!

Wow! I can't believe how easy it is to start blogging! Well, I really don't have the time to do this every day, or even every other day, but I have wanted to do this for some time now... So, here I go!! Just so you know, it's 2:oo a.m. on Sunday morning.. and this is what I am doing! (no more naps for me!) Hurricane Ike is currently in my back yard and I am constantly going in to check on my sweet 6 year old to make sure he isn't waking up from all the wind and rain. I don't know why I do, he sleeps just like his daddy. Once he is asleep, he doesn't wake up! Tonight I went to a friends house for a girls night. As a mom, wife, and 1st grade teacher, I NEED those nights. But, it's always wonderful to come home to my family. Luke and Brian went to Fast Lanes and rode go-carts and played games. Luke loves that place, and it's practically in our backyard so he never forgets about it! He had made me a card that said "I love mom and dad" with our pictures on it. It was very sweet. He usually does something like that any time I leave, which is not very often! That is just how Luke is.... I wish he would stay 6 forever... he still gives me hugs and kisses, makes sure I have my purse every morning when we walk out the door, and blows me kisses at school in the hallway. He even will crawl on top of me on the couch and fall asleep. I love it. I love being a mom.

1 comment:

Margo said...

I love that you're blogging!

Can't believe you were still up at 2am too! I got my second wind and ended up awake until about 3! Ish! But I SO had a nap this afternoon!

Glad you came last night! We really need to hang out more